For all of you who are in the final year of your school life, this time is very precious. This is the year that will decide what future course of action your life will take; this is also the time when you will part ways with your childhood friends. Well, some friendships will remain but you won’t be meeting them daily, like now.
Most of you must be a confused lot, I too was when I was your age. One big question that stares in the face is how to find time to study as well as chill out with friends. Right? You all want to get good grades in Boards and also do not want to lose out on the time you have with your pals.
With such huge syllabi to finish, it certainly seems a difficult task. But it’s not impossible, if you manage your time properly. Here are some tips for you:
- Keep your study table and book shelf organized. So that whenever you need a particular book or notebook you don’t waste time shuffling and searching. Remember mess always creates stress.
- Stop watching TV. Spending even a small time in front of TV is not a good idea, particularly now when you are preparing for the life-changing examination. By watching TV you are just helping other people become more successful (increasing the TRPs) rather than working on your own life.
- Make a set routine, and stick to it, no matter what. All good scorers have one thing in common and that is they follow strict daily regimen. (i.e., when they would get up, when they have food, when they begin studying etc).
- Be a morning person. Start your day early. This alone will give you extra hours to study and also strengthen your willpower so you can learn more efficiently.
- Keep your phone away. Distractions don’t help, in any work; and in studies, never. While studying you need to put your entire mind into the book at hand. Even a single ping on your phone is enough to take your mind away from the study material for 10-15 minutes at least.
- Eat healthy meals and stay mentally active. Getting to your absolute best physical condition will create explosive energy, renew your focus and multiply your learning abilities.
- Do indulge in some physical activity every day, be it walking, jogging, running, playing, yoga anything. But do exercise your body and keep your body physically fit.
- Keep drinking water, in small sips when you are studying. When your body is sufficiently hydrated, you’ll have enough energy. And grasp what’s written in the book, more.
- Finally, take short naps in between study hours. It is a well-researched fact that doing this increases retention power of the brain.