1. Cheese was created over 4,000 years ago-by accident
2. It takes 10 pounds of milk to make just 1 pound of cheese.
3. Over 25% of cheese in the U.S. is made in Wisconsin (the rest comes mostly from California, Idaho and New York). More than half the nation’s artisan cheese is made in Wisconsin.
4. Some cheeses are illegal in the United States
5. Cheese caves are a real thing.
6. Mice don’t like cheese.
7. Lactose-intolerant people can eat cheese.
8. There’s a reason certain cheese names are capitalized.
9. Curd sizes yield different types of cheese.
10. There are 60 Master Cheesemakers in the United States…and every one of them lives in Wisconsin.