Indian playback singer Arijit Singh sings predominantly in Hindi and Bengali but has also performed in various other Indian languages. Singh began his career when he participated in the contemporary reality show, Fame Gurukul in 2005, and was discovered by filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Kumar Taurani.
|M P Jabir Bio|
|Full name||Jabir Madari Pillyalil|
|Born||8 June 1996 (age 25)|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Event(s)||400 metres hurdles, 400 metres|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||400 metres hurdles: 49.13 (Doha 2019)|
|400 metres: 46.96 (Mladá Boleslav 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arijit Singh
- Does Arijit Singh smoke?: Yes
- Does Arijit Singh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Arijit comes from a musical family background as his grandmother, mother and sister are fine singers.
- He has 3 musical gurus, Rajendra Prasad Hazari who taught him Indian classical music, Dhirendra Prasad Hazari who taught him tabla and Birendra Prasad Hazari, who taught him Rabindrasangeet and pop music.
- He started his singing career by participating in the singing reality show Fame Gurukul in 2005, on the suggestion of his guru Rajendra Prasad Hazar, but unfortunately, he ended up in the 6th spot.
- Later, he participated in another reality show, 10 Ke 10 Le Gaye Dil, and won that competition.
- Before becoming a playback singer, he freelanced with musicians like Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Pritam Chakraborty, Vishal-Shekhar and Mithoon Sharma.
- His favourite song is Phir Le Aaya Dil from the film Barfi.
- In 2014, he married his childhood friend Koel Roy, which was the second marriage for both him and his wife.
- Shah Rukh Khan initially wanted Atif Aslam to sing the song Gerua from the film Dilwale.
- He has an NGO called Let There Be Light, which works for poor people.
- In 2013, when asked about his favourite car, he replied,
Car? What car? I still don’t have a car. I still travel by public transport. I take autos to travel to and fro recordings. When in Calcutta, I take a train to go to Murshidabad and then take a cycle rickshaw to my house.”
- Apart from being a playback singer, Arijit Singh has also directed a few films including Bhalobashar Rojnamcha (2015) and “Sa” (2018). Interestingly, his son Jul also acted in “Sa.”
- Arijit Singh says that if he would ever get a chance to travel back in time, he would love to sing with Kishore Kumar.
- He also said that he becomes claustrophobic while listening to his own songs.
- In 2016, he posted an open letter to Salman Khan on Facebook, requesting him to retain his version of a song in the film Sultan, which he thought that Salman had recorded by another singer because Salman thought Arijit insulted him in the 2014 Star Guild Awards function, when Salman questioned Arijit on what took him so long to reach the stage, to which Arijit replied, “Aap logon ne toh sula diya.” After which Salman replied “Aur isme humara koi dosh nahi hai, agar aise hi gaane bajte rahenge.”
- In 2019, he won the National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song ‘Binte Dil’ from the film “Padmaavat.”