Kailash Kher is an Indian playback singer, music director and lyricist who works predominantly in the Hindi film industry. He made his playback singing debut with the 2003 musical romance film Andaaz, and has since worked in over a hundred films in various capacities.
|Age (as of 2021)||25|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Birth Place||Badal village in the Sri Muktsar Sahib district of Punjab|
|Education||Physical Educactin [ Sports ]|
|Profession||Athlete - Discus throw and [ Employed by the Indian Railways ]|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kailash Kher
- Does Kailash Kher smoke: Not Known
- Does Kailash Kher drink alcohol: Not Known
- Kailash was born to a Kashmiri pundit family. His father was an amateur musician, whose performances of traditional folk songs were a regular household event.
- At the age of 14, Kailash left his home in search of a guru or an institution, in order to gain professional training in classical and folk music.
- Simultaneously, he himself started giving lessons in music to younger children at a fee of 150/- per session. He then utilized this money to maintain his daily expenses of food, shelter, clothing, etc.
- Since after months of searching, Kailash couldn’t find the right guru or a school, he started learning music by listening to it. According to him, classical singers like Pandit Kumar Gandharv, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, Pandit Gokulotsav Maharaj & Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan are his ‘real’ teachers.
- Finding no success in the music industry, ‘defeated’ Kailash then tried his hands on handicraft export business in the year 1998. Unfortunately, he incurred a huge loss the following year, which forced him into months of depression, to the extent that he even attempted suicide once.
- Stars changed for him again in the year 2001, when a few of his friends in the music industry recommended him to the musician, Ram Sampath, who was looking for a new voice for a jingle in Nakshatra diamonds advertisement. Though the Jingle did not get him instant recognition, it fetched him a sum of Rs.5000.
- Kailash then sang back to back Jingles for popular brands like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Citibank, Hero-Honda, etc.
- In the year 2004, Kailash formed a band named Kailasa with Mumbai-based musician brothers, Paresh Kamath and Naresh Kamath. The band’s first album, Kailasa, released in March 2006 was an immediate chartbuster. To date, the band has performed over 1000 concerts across the globe.
- In 2007, he participated in a concert tour in North America titled The Incredibles, starring Asha Bhosle, Sonu Nigam and Kunal Ganjawala.
- Apart from singing, he has judged many talent reality shows namely Saregamapa Li’l Champs, Indian Idol 4, 9x Mission Ustaad, etc.