Mahendra Singh Dhoni, is an Indian international cricketer who captained the Indian national team in limited-overs formats from 2007 to 2016 and in Test cricket from 2008 to 2014.
|Profession||Athlete- Indian Sport Shooter|
|Birthday||2 August, 1999 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2021)||21 Years Old|
|Birth Place||Cuddalore , Tamil Nadu|
|Hobbies||Travelling and Shopping|
|Physical and More|
|Height||in centimeters- 164 cm|
|in meters- 1.64 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 54 kg|
|in Pounds- 119.05 lbs|
|Educational Qualification||BA English Literature|
|Family and More|
|Family||Father: Not Known|
|Mother: Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Does Mahendra Singh Dhoni smoke?: No
- Does Mahendra Singh Dhoni drink alcohol?: Yes, occasionally
- Dhoni was born to a middle-class Rajput caste of rulers.
- He secured 65% in his 10th Board exams.
- In 1993, he was first spotted as a goalkeeper by KR Banerjee, the cricket coach at his school, who later asked him to try his hand in wicket-keeping.
- It was PC Poddar, the former cricket captain of Bengal, who saw great potential in him during the Talent Resource Development Wing (TRDW) match in Jamshedpur. After which, he was selected in the Bihar U19 team in the 1998/99 season, where he scored 176 runs in 5 matches.
- In 2002, when Dhoni was trying for a place in the India team, he fell in love with a girl named Priyanka Jha. But, unfortunately, Priyanka died in an accident, the same year.
- Though he played as a senior for Bihar from 1999 to 2003, his consistent performance was ignored by East Zone selectors, after which he was moved to West Bengal, where he started working as a ticket collector at Kharagpur railway station for 3 years (2001-2003).
- In 2003, Sourav Ganguly approached him to move to Kolkata, but he denied the offer and went back to Bihar, where he went to the National Cricket Academy.
- His life took a turn in 2004 when he got selected for India A tour of Zimbabwe and Kenya, where he performed exceptionally well.
- On his ODI debut against Bangladesh on 23 December 2004, he was out for a duck.
- Dhoni made his 1st ODI century against arch-rival Pakistan in Vishakapatnam, where he smashed 148 runs from 123 balls.
- Earlier, he used to have long hairs for two reasons, first he is a huge fan of John Abraham, secondly, he used to consider it lucky.
- In 2006, he was voted as the MTV Youth Icon.
- Even after achieving such a huge success in his early career, he remained grounded and spends time with his childhood buddies.
- It was Sachin Tendulkar who recommended his name for India’s skipper in 2007, after which Indian cricket team reached the heights like never before.
- He and his wife Sakshi knew each other since their childhood, but their love ignited in winters of 2007 when they met in Kolkata through Yudhajit Dutta (Dhoni’s manager and friend). It was Dhoni who asked for her number from his manager, and when he later messaged her, she didn’t believe it initially. They dated each other for 3 years and got married in a low-profile ceremony in 2010.
- In 2011, he was honoured with the rank of Lt. Colonel by the Indian Territorial Army.
- He was the highest taxpayer sportsperson in India for the year 2012, 2013, 2014.
Dhoni is a good friend of actor, John Abraham.
- He is counted among the best finishers in modern cricket, and known for finishing the ODI matches by hitting a six, popular among them was the winning six in the 2011 ICC World Cup final against Sri Lanka.
- Dhoni learned his signature shot, ‘The Helicopter Shot’ from his childhood friend Santosh Lal, who passed away in July 2013.
- In 2012, he became one of the world’s top-earning sportsperson (#31 in the world) by Forbes magazine, beating popular sportspersons such as Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney and the World’s fastest man Usain Bolt.
- He announced his Test retirement after the Melbourne test match in December 2014 during the Australia tour, where he was just 1 test match defeat away for equaling the record of being captain of most defeated test matches abroad.
- He owns a hotel in Ranchi called ‘Mahi Residency.’
- Dhoni is a pet lover and has 2 pet dogs, a Labrador named Zarah and an Alsatian named Sam.
- He is a bike lover and is the co-owner of ‘Mahi Racing Team India‘ in Supersport World Championship.
- In 2016, he launched a fashion brand ‘Seven’ with Rhiti Group.
- It was rumoured that he took ₹40 crores from the makers of his biopic M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016), starring Sushant Singh Rajput.
- He loves “camouflage” clothes and accessories.
- On 2 April 2018, he received Indin’s 3rd highest civilian award ‘Padma Bhushan‘ from President Ram Nath Kovind. Dhoni made this prestigious moment even more special by wearing a military uniform and by marching past the dignitaries present at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.