Nita Mukesh Ambani is the the chairperson and founder of the Reliance Foundation, Dhirubhai Ambani International School and a non-executive director of Reliance Industries. She is married to Reliance Industries chairman and managing director Mukesh Ambani.
|Neerja Sethi Bio|
|Age||61 years’ old|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1955|
|Place of Birth||India|
|Children’s||She has two children’s|
|Boyfriend/Spouse||Her husband’s name is Bharat Desai|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nita Ambani
- Does Nita Ambani smoke?: Not Known
- Does Nita Ambani drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born to Purnima Dalal and Ravindrabhai Dalal in Mumbai.
- She grew up in a middle-class joint family.
- Her Grandfather was a French Professor in Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- Nita’s younger sister, Mamta Dalal is a teacher-cum-administrator at Dhirubhai Ambani School in Bandra and has taught some of the most well-known kids in the country, including Shah Rukh Khan‘s daughter, Suhana Khan and Sachin Tendulkar‘s son, Arjun Tendulkar.
- She loves teaching very much and has a passion for teaching since her youth.
- Her earliest ambition was to become a classical dancer, and now, she has become a classic case of the accidental businesswoman.
- After getting married to Mukesh Ambani, she set up a rural school near the Patalganga Plant to harness her passion for teaching and then she set up another school at Jamnagar and then Dhirubhai Ambani International School in South Mumbai.
- She wanted to become a lawyer but had to quit her law studies after her father-in-law fell ill.
- Once, she made Mukesh Ambani ride on a Best Bus in Mumbai in order to meet her.
- She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- When her future father-in-law, Dhirubhai Ambani, called her after seeing her performing a Bhartanatyam dance, she could not believe that it was Dhirubhai Ambani and put the call off and when he called her for the second time and said- “I am Dhirubhai Ambani“, she replied- “Yeah so, I am Elizabeth Taylor.”
- For the first 20 years after her marriage, she was out of limelight.
- As a part of the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), she started as the chairperson and founder of- Reliance Foundation.
- She owns a franchise Cricket Team- Mumbai Indians.
- She was elected to the Board of Reliance Industries in 2014.
- On 4 August 2016, Nita Ambani became the first Indian Woman to be elected as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).