Vijay Sambamurthi is a founder and managing partner of law firm Lexygen (www.lexygen. law), a leading Indian law firm headquartered in Bengaluru, with pan-India coverage and international offices in Singapore.Vijay graduated from the National Law School of India University, Bengaluru in 1997, and has over 23 years of experience advising blue-chip funds, exciting start-ups, and high-growth corporations on their legal needs and growth strategy. Vijay regularly advises some of the market-leading names in the industry on their Indian transactions and operations.
Vijay enjoys a sterling reputation in the market for his chosen areas of practice, and has advised on a number of India’s complex and first-of-kind transactions, including on the following:
• The country’s first greenfield international airport project on a PPP basis
• A couple of India’s earliest and largest successful leveraged buyouts
• The first private equity secondaries transaction involving a portfolio of Indian companies
• Drafting of India’s first state legislation focused on facilitation of infrastructure projects
• The first venture capital deal in the cryptocurrency space.
In addition to his contributions as a leading transactional lawyer, Vijay is Co-founder and Secretary of The Indus Entrepreneurs Guwahati (TiE Guwahati), and a mentor on the panel of NASSCOM 10,000 Startups Programme, and as such, regularly mentors several Indian and non- Indian startups. He is a regular speaker at prestigious annual conferences such as The Horasis India Meeting, The Horasis Asia Meeting, Indonesia Economic Forum, and so on.
In 2020, Vijay was appointed to the Chief Minister’s Special Economic Task Force for a Post-COVID Meghalaya in the Working Group on Infrastructure and Labour.
Vijay Sambamurthi Bio